Join Mayo Clinic, the Alzheimer’s Association and AARP for the 2023 Conference on Brain Health and Dementia focused on optimizing brain health and emotional wellness.
- Discover the ways people living with cognitive difficulties have found a life of well-being despite the challenges and obstacles of dementia.
- Learn about the tools care partner can utilize to increase their own emotional wellness.
- Hear from people living with dementia, family care partners, healthcare specialists, artists and researchers.
- Connect with others and choose from nearly 30 breakout sessions to receive valuable information and relevant resources.
See the full conference schedule and register today at: ce.mayo.edu/bhd23
This conference is for:
- Persons living with mild cognitive impairment or early-stage dementia
- Care partners
- Healthcare professionals and volunteers
- Anyone interested in the topic including teens and young adults
- Identify ways people living with dementia have found a life of wellbeing despite the challenges and obstacles of dementia
- Define strategies to increase emotional wellness for yourself, as well as anyone living with dementia that you care for and support
- Compare insights and understanding about dementia from a cultural perspective, specifically Indigenous Communities and African American and East African Caregivers
- Demonstrate key communication skills necessary for person-centered dementia care
- Differentiate the unique mental health needs of families impacted by Lewy body dementia
- Cite ways to empower care partner spouses of younger-onset dementia
- Apply knowledge on new and upcoming drugs to treat Alzheimer’s disease
Featuring breakout sessions led by LBDA staff and volunteers:
- Julia Wood, MOT, OTR/L, Director of Professional and Community Education
- Brandi Hackett, LMSW, C-ASWCM, Senior Manager of Support Services
- Br. John-Richard Pagan, LBDA Volunteer & person living with LBD
- Helen Medsger, LBDA Volunteer, LBD care partner
Have a question?
- For assistance with the registration process, contact Education Technology Center at 507-266-9087 or email@example.com. Standard business hours are Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., CT.
- For educational activity support, contact Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development (MCSCPD) at 1-800-323-2688 / 1-507-284-2509 or firstname.lastname@example.org.