LBD Awareness Month
LBDA has served the Lewy body dementia community for over 19 incredible years, and this year we want to shine a light on LBD awareness and share stories and experiences to bring hope to others. Utilizing the hashtag #LivingWellwithLewy, we aim to spread awareness of this devastating disease and encourage our community to live well even after a diagnosis.
#LivingWellwithLewy is a visual and infographic awareness campaign displaying all things related to Lewy body dementia. This includes pictures and videos of healthcare professionals, researchers, nutrition, physical health, caregiving, social relationships, and avenues of support, illustrating the daily life of those living with LBD and their families while emphasizing that this disease does not define who you are.
Interested in participating? Share your story with us on social media by using the hashtag #LBDandMe or tagging LBDA. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
We have everything you need to spread awareness and raise funds to fight Lewy body dementia. Below you’ll find downloadable materials (right-click and select “save image as”) that you can share on social media and use to distribute within your community.
Social Media Tools
Profile Pictures (right-click and select “save image as”)
Facebook Cover Photo (right-click and select “save image as”)
Twitter Cover Photo (right-click and select “save image as”)
Sample Social Media Post
- October is LBD Awareness Month and this year we are featuring the #LivingWellwithLewy campaign. Learn more about what it means to Live Well with Lewy on our website at lbda.org/2022-LBD-AwarenessMonth 💜
- Did you know that over 1.4 million Americans live with the most misdiagnosed form of dementia: Lewy body dementia? Learn more about the signs and symptoms of LBD at LBDA.org #LBDAwarenessMonth
- Did you know that October is Lewy Body Dementia Awareness Month? Learn more at lbda.org/2022-LBD-AwarenessMonth
- LBD Awareness Month is here and this year we want to focus on YOUR stories. Learn more about the #LivingWellwithLewy campaign here: lbda.org/2022-LBD-AwarenessMonth
- October is Lewy Body Dementia Awareness Month! This month, LBDA launched the new #LivingWellwithLewy campaign to spread awareness about this disease to those outside of the LBD community. Want to learn more? Head to lbda.org/2022-LBD-AwarenessMonth
- We want to know how you’re #LivingWellwithLewy as a care partner, loved one, friend, or as the individual living with Lewy to help us spread awareness and promote research and support for a better future for those living with LBD, and those who may one day have to. Learn more about the second most common form of degenerative dementia and how you can take action all month long in our fight against LBD at lbda.org/2022-LBD-AwarenessMonth
- Did you know that Lewy body dementia is the most misdiagnosed form of dementia? Find our diagnostic checklist by visiting lbda.org
- Show your support for those #LivingWellwithLewy by helping to spread awareness for this incredibly misdiagnosed disease. Learn more about how you can help at lbda.org/2022-LBD-AwarenessMonth
Social Media Shareable Hashtags
Create an Event
Take action within your community by planning a fundraising event! Whether it’s your own idea or one that we offer already on our website, we are happy to support you in kickstarting a yearly tradition that can raise funds and awareness within your community. Between virtual events, community events, 5Ks, and LewyQue’s there is something for everyone. Head to Fundraising Events with LBDA to get started.
Facebook has created a quick, safe, and easy way for users to advocate for the causes that mean the most to them through Facebook Fundraisers. This awareness month, show your passion for a better future for those living with LBD, and those who may one day have to, by creating your own FB Fundraiser. Your Facebook friends can share this fundraiser and donate to this cause without ever leaving Facebook. Customize your fundraiser by making it a tribute to someone you love who has been affected by Lewy body dementia. Create a FB Fundraiser today.
Honor Your Loved One
Create a meaningful design to honor your loved one with Lewy on the official LBDA Facebook page. The design you create and message you select will be posted to our Facebook page where you can then share it with your friends and family, raising awareness for LBD and memorializing your loved one on our page. Create your Honor Tribute.