LBD Awareness Month
2021 marks our 18th year of serving the LBD community. To commemorate this occasion, we have brought back the ever popular #GreaterThanLewy campaign from last year to further spread awareness of this devastating disease. Due to COVID, LBDA will emphasize digital elements over in-person events and awareness efforts.
#GreaterThanLewy is a visual awareness campaign displaying all things related to Lewy body dementia. This includes pictures and videos of doctor’s appointments, proper nutrition, caregiving, spending time with family and friends, and providing support. This campaign is about illustrating the daily lives of those with LBD, and that the disease dose not define who we are as people. Be sure to share your photos with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here is everything you need to spread awareness of and raise funds to fight Lewy body dementias. Included are downloadable materials (right click and select “save image as”) that you can share on social media and use to distribute on social media and within your community.
Sample Social Media Post
1. October is LBD Awareness Month and this year we are kicking off the #GreaterThanLewy campaign. Learn more about the Greater than Lewy campaign on our website at lbda.org/2021-lbd-awareness-month
2. Did you know that LBD is the most misdiagnosed form of dementia? Learn more about the signs and symptoms #LBDAwarenessMonth at lbda.org
3. Did you know that October is Lewy Body Dementia Awareness Month? Learn more here lbda.org/2020lbdawarenessmonth #LBDAwarenessMonth #GreaterThanLewy
1. October is Lewy Body Dementia Awareness Month! LBDA has launched the #GreaterThanLewy to spread awareness to those outside of the LBD community. lbda.org/2021-lbd-awareness-month
2. Show your #GreaterThanLewy support and help spread awareness to continue paving the way for LBD research and support. Learn more about the second most common form of degenerative dementia and how you can take action all month long in our fight against LBD. lbda.org/2021-lbd-awareness-month
3. Did you know that Lewy body dementia is the most misdiagnosed form of dementia? Learn about the signs and symptoms by visiting lbda.org.
4. Did you know that October is LBD Awareness Month? Join the #GreaterThanLewy movement by visiting the link here lbda.org/2021-lbd-awareness-month
Social Media Shareable Hashtags
Events (available for download at the bottom of the page)
Take action and start planning your community fundraising event. Use some of the ideas in the Tips and Tricks guide to kickstart a yearly tradition that can raise funds and awareness in your community. You may even want to start a LewyQue BBQ event to raise awareness. Learn more about LewyQue by clicking here or downloading the “Event Info’ attachment at the bottom of this page.
Facebook has created a safe and easy way for users to donate and advocate for causes that mean the most to them through Facebook Fundraisers. This awareness month show your passion by creating your own fundraiser. Your Facebook friends can donate to your cause without leaving Facebook. Customize your fundraiser by making it in tribute to someone you love who has been affected by LBD. Get Started
Firstgiving is a free fundraising tool that enables you to reach your network of family and friends. Firstgiving allows you to share your personal story and passion for raising awareness about LBD with others through your own customizable fundraising page. Create your Firstgiving page by clicking here.