View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:38 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 unresponsive episodes 

Post unresponsive episodes
Has anyone experienced strange 'episodes' with their loved ones? My mother has been having increasing episodes of deep sleep periods. They last for between 5-15 minutes when she becomes floppy and unresponsive, apparently in a deep sleep/unconscious. By the time the paramedics have arrived she has usually recovered. They cannot say if they are seizures, though could be. Anti-seizure meds have been tried but they don't seem to be stopping these episodes. Any ideas? Many thanks.

Thu May 04, 2017 8:25 am

Post Re: unresponsive episodes
Jens wrote:
Has anyone experienced strange 'episodes' with their loved ones? My mother has been having increasing episodes of deep sleep periods. They last for between 5-15 minutes when she becomes floppy and unresponsive, apparently in a deep sleep/unconscious. By the time the paramedics have arrived she has usually recovered. They cannot say if they are seizures, though could be. Anti-seizure meds have been tried but they don't seem to be stopping these episodes. Any ideas? Many thanks.

Jen; patient here, no ideas but questions: does this happen without warning like going from wide-awake, talking to deep sleep? How fast is the transition? Is there any pattern to the events leading up to the sleep episode? Have you noticed any particular time of day that it happens more than others?

Thu May 04, 2017 9:22 am

No answers to your questions unfortunately, but these are questions I can ask of the nursing staff/GP. Thanks.

Thu May 04, 2017 1:50 pm

Jens wrote:
No answers to your questions unfortunately, but these are questions I can ask of the nursing staff/GP. Thanks.

Cheers. I am trying to gather all of the information I can. I don't know what if anything useful I will be able to do with it but I would rather know than not-know. This is a new symptom for my understanding of LBD, although given the way the proteins cause the damage, its really not that unthinkable that LBD could cause the symptoms you describe. I know its basically like the roulette wheel from hell and you never know what number your LBD damage will land on. Your brain is basically like a massive computer network or system and if you randomly snipped wires, the law of averages says that you will probably take out common systems first but that also leaves the possibility of the long-shot happening too. I guess what I am trying and failing to say is that your brain does everything that your body needs to function, its the program that drives it from an engineering standpoint. So the apparent randomness of the damage basically can take out or at least retard any system that the brain controls purely by random chance. If you think about it, LBD or anything that attacks the brain like this would and could technically have almost ANY symptom because it can screw up the brain and make literally anything happen. Which would seem to make symptom-based diagnosis of LBD an impossibility or at least an extremely unreliable possibility. Kinda how it is now I guess. Sigh. I know I didn't do anything to answer anything, just let my mind wander....

I return you now to your regularly-scheduled program...

Attachment:
File comment: Whats on tonight?
RCACTC-11FinalCabinet.jpg
RCACTC-11FinalCabinet.jpg [ 90.2 KiB | Viewed 3630 times ]

Thu May 04, 2017 7:09 pm

Hi im new to the Forum and you've probably gotten an answer by now, but my mom has LBD, and is doing the same thing.. her blood pressure will get down really low and she just passes out in her wheelchair.. She has done this many times.. once she threw up before passing out.. I read somewhere that blood pressure fluctuating was a symptom also.

Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:20 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 5 posts ]