View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:14 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Does anyone understand where the pain comes from? 

Post Does anyone understand where the pain comes from?
I understand pain is not always a feature of LBD but it is often. Does anyone understand the source of this pain? Is it nerve pain (brain generated) or is it actual pain from some degeneration of the muscles or what? Or.....is it a case of no specific cause of pain but the brain is just misinterpreting the severity to be worse than normal....or perhaps it is just (again) normal pain but since pain meds can have unreliable and unsavory effects on LBD folks, some have to do without, which I think would suck if it were me. So any clues from the higher-educated patrons?

Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:55 pm

Post Re: Does anyone understand where the pain comes from?
Pain definitely a major disease effect for my husband. He has always had VERY high tolerance for pain. For example, he broke 5 ribs and his wrist, and didn't want to go to the hospital. He was admitted to the hospital because they were concerned about his breathing with the broken ribs. Discharged the next day because he was deep breathing without pain. But now his tolerance is average at best. Shoulder pain from falls, neuropathy in the feet, etc. He's very unhappy about all of the pain that he's enduring. What to do?

Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:23 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 2 posts ]