View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:29 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Days of fog 

Post Days of fog
For the past week or so I have been in a complete mental fog. Nothing is clear, things I see aren't what I think they are, and getting my thoughts from my brain to speech is danged near impossible. Now this isn't the first time this has happened, not even close. But I have a new wrinkle this time and it's kind of distressing. Every joint in my body hurts. It started in my lower back and spread from there. The ache has now settled in my hips and I can find no way to get comfortable. To make matters worse I can't take NSAIDs which I expect would ease the discomfort.

This is a situation I have not encountered in my past experiences with Lewy Body and am curious, worried, that this could become one of my normal episodes. I hope not. Has anyone else experienced something like this?

Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:32 pm

Post Re: Days of fog
Randy; The fog part yes, that is indeed a sadly normal event in my life ATM. However the pain part not so much but then I am on pain meds for something else and that may make a difference. In fact if my screwy theory is right, I would be interested to see what your fog is like if you find some pain meds that are "just enough" meaning not over-medicating but enough to reduce your pain to the point its no longer triggering the fog. I could be full of caca poopoo but thats how it works with me. Bad pain (sciatica in my case), the fog can become impenetrable. I do something to deal with the nerve pain but not enough to leave me "stupid" and 9 times out of 10 the fog recedes just enough where I can become interested in stuff around me and THAT amigo distracts my mind enough from the pain, etc where all the lights feel like they are turning back on again.

In sum, I have found days/times overall to be clearer, more my own if you know what I mean when any pain is controlled but not in any over-medicating fashion. Its a balance.

Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:33 am

Jeff, yes, I think you are correct in that the pain definitely adds to the fog making it much worse. As anyone who has read my past posts knows, I tend to be quite wordy. It was a major struggle to get that one out this morning and this one isn't coming much better. Due to medication rebound migraines, I haven't taken any pain meds for over nine years so I'm not sure about your theory but it sounds reasonable. Anything would be nice right now.
Randy

Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:07 pm

Poppygail wrote:
Jeff, yes, I think you are correct in that the pain definitely adds to the fog making it much worse. As anyone who has read my past posts knows, I tend to be quite wordy. It was a major struggle to get that one out this morning and this one isn't coming much better. Due to medication rebound migraines, I haven't taken any pain meds for over nine years so I'm not sure about your theory but it sounds reasonable. Anything would be nice right now.
Randy

Well.....thats the difference/way high CBD meds work for me. They clear my head by suppressing chronic pain, etc and it allows me to focus better w/o artificially clouding my mind....

Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:17 pm

Poppygail wrote:
Jeff, yes, I think you are correct in that the pain definitely adds to the fog making it much worse.

And the fog adds to the pain because the brain can't concentrate on anything besides the pain.

Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:56 pm

jamieking wrote:
Poppygail wrote:
Jeff, yes, I think you are correct in that the pain definitely adds to the fog making it much worse.

And the fog adds to the pain because the brain can't concentrate on anything besides the pain.

I think you are 100% correct which is another way what I wrote to you about (check your mail) helps LBD at least because it suppresses like 90% of the daily aches and pains and allows the brain to focus on things like enjoying life, getting up and doing things but most importantly, because the brain is not trying to spend its time focusing on the pain, for me the fog lifts and stays lifted for hours. And I know this all sounds like a euphemism for something else but this is the truth on the ground, as I know it.

Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:54 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 6 posts ]