View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:22 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Stair Lift 

Post Stair Lift
Hello all-
My sister was diagnosed last February. She is having great difficulty navigating the stairs. One of her biggest issues is anxiety. We aren't sure if a stair lift is a good idea or we should move her down stairs. Trying to keep anxiety to a minimum. Any advise would be appreciated.
Thanks you, Tina

Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:21 am

Post Re: Stair Lift
Move her downstairs, and figure out how to sleep near her for your own safety. You didn't mention ages, but regardless of her age, balance problems and fear of falling are just part of Lewy. My 67-yr old husband constantly freaked out about falling while flat on his back in the hospital bed. His whole world was topsy-turvy.
Whenever I spent lots to make something easier, within a few days it was useless. Remember, this won't last long. There's no winning against this disease. Just keep your wits about you and find something funny as often as you can.

Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:04 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 2 posts ]