View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:59 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 My grandma was just diagnosed and have prescription question 

Post My grandma was just diagnosed and have prescription question
Hello, My name is Darrell. My Grandma was diagnosed with LBD yesterday. Still adjusting and learning about this disorder. We knew something serious was going on with her declining memory and hallucinations escalating. We were prepared for Alzheimers, but learned it was worse. My initial question is about the medication. They are putting her on Donepezel Hydrochloride 5MG for the first month and then up to 10MG after. Also, to treat her hallucinations and lack of sleep at night, they are putting her on Quetiapine Fumarate 25MG (Generic for Seroquel). Some family members are very concerned about the black box warning on this last drug. From what I'm reading, it's very mixed. For every bad story you read, there is a success story to follow. Of course, we are confused and just wanting to not make a mistake. Anyone have any thoughts to share on this? Thank you.

Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:58 pm

Post Re: My grandma was just diagnosed and have prescription ques
The only advice I can offer is to try it and watch her closely. I know my dad responded differently to medications then what people without LBD would. Some made him super confused, overly sleepy, while others made him extremely aggitated. What works for some doesnt work for others and you'll always have to play a little to find what works best for her.

Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:16 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 2 posts ]