View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:11 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 trying to help my mother 

Post trying to help my mother
Hi, my Mother was diagnosed only three months ago with LBD but we have been dealing with the changes (in hindsight) for about three years. I can handle the forgetfulness and having the same conversation multiple times but does anyone else out there have a loved one having very very real delusions visually and auditorial? my mother is sure there are people following her and want her to join their cult and they have cameras and microphones in her room. she hears voices telling her things from her past (which is quite a normal past nothing crazy) so she moved in with my husband and I and my 14 yr old daughter. I want to do my best for her but my work takes me away as well so does my husbands....so now I also deal with the guilt of leaving her and she gets angry and wonders if I am in the cult as well.....without sounding harsh when is it the right time to look for other care? She does not believe anything is wrong and cant understand why we her family are not doing anything about these people following her. it really breaks my heart,,,we live an hour out of the city....we are in Yukon so nothing between here and there.......anyway I am rambling but would love to connect with someone who is dealing with this themselves or a loved one

thamks

Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:14 pm

Post Re: trying to help my mother
Check out facebook " Lewy Body Dementia Carers ". They share amazing ideas, suggestions and support

Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:24 am

Post Re: trying to help my mother
hello,
I'm dealing with a similar situation w/my mom and I'm with you on feeling heart-broken seen a lovely one going through this. Have you tried calling your mom's health insurance to find out alternatives for respite care and/or coverage for adult day-care? that might alleviate some feelings of guilt as she then might be able to be at a place where she can receive care and participate in activities for a couple of hours. Hope that helps,

Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:13 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 3 posts ]