View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:29 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 figuring it out 

Post figuring it out
Haven't talked to the medical person yet, but the psychologist thinks the problem may be switching from aricept to exelon patch. Spouse gets up at 1-3 Am, drinks coffee, takes morning pills (till I hid them) and knows what time it is, but doesn't seem to get that it's not time to start his day. After a while, he may go back to bed, then do the same thing all over again. I increased his celexa and klonopin the last two nights on my own which psychologist thought was a good idea, but she thinks that hasn't had time to work yet. He has slept a lot today, which may exacerbate the problem. Have appt. with psychiatrist nov 7, then hip replacement nov 12. I feel better anyway. I was so frustrated at not being able to reach anybody to try to stop this downward spiral. No hallucinations today as far as I know, so that's good. I didn't run away from home, and that's good too!

Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:08 pm

Just a reminder to look into the anesthesia plans for your husband's hip replacement. DLBers can react very badly to general anesthesia. If you want to run away from home, you're welcome to come here -- that way I can get out for a few hours! :lol:

Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:24 pm

My dad was told he needed hip replacement. I'm glad he never got it because after his diagnosis (PSP, another atypical parkinsonism disorder like LBD) the neurologist said he had no more need of a hip replacement than I did!

You might get a second opinion, perhaps from a physiatrist.

Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:36 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 3 posts ]