View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:59 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Best times to administer Namenda and Aricept 

Post Best times to administer Namenda and Aricept
I'd researched this question several years ago, and identified the ideal way of administering this to Dad was 10 mg Namenda at breakfast time, about 8 hours later at dinner hour, then Aricept just prior to bed about 10pm. This seemed to capture the most waking hours for him, and honestly helped an awful lot - even if he couldn't recognize it. His MMSE went from 22 to 28!

He used to naturally wake about 10am.

His ... sigh... let's call her his "lady fiend" (not misspelled) decided it would be best to administer the namenda at 6 or 7 am, wakes him in bed, than has him go back to sleep. Then again at lunch hour, which is what time she gets him up now, after 2 years of this silly schedule. Aricept at 10pm. (No TV until after 5pm... it's crazy there... honest...)

A friend of his is now willing to argue the case with her, but wants something in writing. We'll be asking his neurologist for this, but I just wondered how others are doing with the schedule of these two med.s? (I live 700 miles away, and due to caring for my father's mother for a couple of years prior to her passing, then fighting my own cancer, I couldn't visit every 2 months to straighten stuff out any more, and all heck seems to have recently broken out...)

Oh, my and breast cancer is NOT in my body anymore - and it isn't welcome back tyvm...

Thank you in advance, for your thoughts...

c

Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:19 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 1 post ]