View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:38 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Any experience with drug Razadyne 

Post Any experience with drug Razadyne
John is currently on 10 mg Aircept and 10 mg Namanda plus 25 mg Seriquil. In the last month is cogniative symtons are failing fast. After talking to his Gerentologist yesterday he said we might want to try increasing his Aricept to 5mg more to see if any improvement. The other option would be to take him off the Aircept and try the medication Razadyne which I am assuming is like an Aircept. Has anyone had any experience with this med? I know all LO react differently to meds, I guess I am just looking for the magic bullet and I don't think its going to happen.
:( :cry:
B Myers

Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:45 am

Yes, there are three similar meds - Aricept, Exelon, and Razadyne. Exelon is the preferred AChEI for LBD.

You might do a search* of past posts containing the word "Razadyne." (Other words to search on are "Reminyl" and "galantamine.") I'm sure a few people have used it. I think, in the US, it's the preferred med for Medicaid and VA patients.

Robin

* http://lbda.org/forum/search.php

Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:23 pm

Post Any experience with the drug Razadyne
My husband took it for about 6 months or so. It made no difference in his condition, and once his LBD diagnosis was made, his doctors advised us to stop using it. Aricept did nothing either.

Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:45 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 3 posts ]