View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:03 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Anyone else been given this RX? 

Post Anyone else been given this RX?
I was wondering if anyone else has had any experience with Diamox Sequels. Usually prescribed for altitude sickness - dizziness. After my sister's brain surgery, they could not remove tumor (she has LBD) she saw a neurologist for her balance issues, he prescribed this drug. (this is before her DX) and she has been on it for about 2 years. I believe this is the next drug for her to be weaned off of. Her symptoms for the past 10 years has been "thumping in her head" (she is mentally handicapped from birth) sometimes very painful and her balance has been awful. PT on and off over 10 yrs. Of course LBD and PD has made it worse. Just curious if anyone else has used this drug.No one has been able to figure out the "thumping" issue. Unfortunetly she can not communicate very well and she is worse now. Sounds like a chinese water torture to me.
Thanks for your input.
PS we dont see this Dr anymore, she goes to Hopkins.
Tricia

Mon May 04, 2009 10:03 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 1 post ]