View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:15 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Conflicting advice on Quetiapine dosage frequency 

Post Conflicting advice on Quetiapine dosage frequency
After a lengthy battle with Mum's Consultant he finally gave in and let me use Seroquel (Quetiapine) instead of the Benzodiazepines he favoured. Thankyou for your help and advice over that issue. Through trial and error - as usual :roll: - we have found that 12.5mg morning and evening plus Melatonin works quite well.
However if mum is agitated we have permission to increase.
My problem is that although one consultant says we can add in a lunchtime 12.5mg - which seems to work quite well - the other says it MUST be given in 2 doses only, morning and evening.
Does anyone have any experience, or advice on this please? :roll:

Wed May 11, 2016 6:33 am

Post Re: Conflicting advice on Quetiapine dosage frequency
I can not imagine why there would be a two dose rule. We, too have found this medication helpful. My husband gets 25 mg around dinner time and another 25 at bedtime, along with trazadone. I have been told that this is actually quite a low dose. I see no ill side effects. I also give it prn for unusual agitation or serious delusions, with the doctors permission, of course. I think it helps more often than not. It doesn't seem to change the length of time he sleeps, but maybe improves the quality by a bit. I am a nurse, but all of my books are packed away. I can check a drug book at work to see if there is any warning against a third dose and I will report after.

Fri May 27, 2016 2:31 pm

Post Re: Conflicting advice on Quetiapine dosage frequency
Thanks for your reply, Mum very poorly (physically) at mo so can't leave her for long! Really puzzled because no-one seemed to be around on the forums - and although I sent 2 messages to ask why I seem to be in a "time-warp", only got automated answers to ring a helpline? We tried, but there is only an answerphone, and obviously no-one will ring us back in England!!! Any ideas? Gill

Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:02 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 3 posts ]