View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Finding a LBD physician in greater Danbury area 

Post Finding a LBD physician in greater Danbury area
My husband, age 74, was diagnosed with Alzheimer's and Dementia with Lewy Body a year ago by an excellent doctor in NYC but he is presently in a skilled nursing facility in Newtown, CT which makes traveling to NYC impractical. I am reaching out to anyone in this region who can recommend a good physician, knowledgeable about LBD who can treat him. The nurses at the facility have reported to me that the frequency of hallucinations and delusions have increased. Although the geriatric psychiatrist seems to have some basic knowledge about LBD, I remain skeptical that my husband is getting the best care available.

Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:56 pm

Post Re: Finding a LBD physician in greater Danbury area
Sorry you haven't got a response yet. Hopefully someone in the area will see this and give you some feedback.

Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:33 am

I appreciate your response ... it's nice to know someone is listening. The geri-psych doctor prescribed a low dose of Seroquel, it took a few days to kick in so his mood seems to have improved. I also stopped bringing him "sweet" treats and drinking coffee during our visit so that may have helped as well although he wasn't getting a good night's sleep and the hallucinations and delusions were causing him to act out. Nursing home doctor wrote a standing order to move him to a geri-psych facility if he can't be controlled so I have a standing order for the nurses to call me ... I'll drive over and see if I can calm him down.

Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:22 am

Hi - yes, there are lots of us out here reading your post but unfortunately none of us (so far) has been able to answer your specific question. I have a friend who lives in Madison and has worked in various SNFs in CT. When she gets back from Europe I was going to ask her if she has some resources for you.
If you have other questions, concerns, etc. just post what's on your mind under the appropriate topic and you'll get responses.
Take care, Lynn

Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:45 am

Thanks Lynn and Gail, this is the first time I've actively participated in this or any other forum ... mostly because I have such a hard time putting my thoughts and concerns into words that make any sense so I read what others are saying which has been very helpful. Looks like I need to set up my profile ... have some time today. Anne

Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:57 pm

Hi Anne - I just emailed my CT friends and hopefully they have internet access where they are and will have some info. for me. I'll let you know as soon as I hear from them. Lynn

Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:10 pm

Hi Anne, Keep writing whatever you want to talk about, ask about - if you find the thread (the title) for the topic you want to talk about and post in there, you'll get more responses on that topic. You never know who might have some information to share that helps you out or who might be reading that finds your experiences enlightening! :)

Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]