View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:57 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Are there LBD caregivers in OKC Lawton area? 

Post Are there LBD caregivers in OKC Lawton area?
I am new and this is my first attempt to post a message. I hope I'm doing it correctly. I
Please reply if you're anywhere around the OKC Lawton area. I desperately need some help finding resources out here in the country in between. My husband is in mid to late stages and we're having problems with hallucinations. I'm extremely worried as he picks holes in his arms and legs chasing the bugs. I have no support and our one small town doctor is very old himself so just writes our prescriptions. We have other limitations as well. But right now I am just hoping to find someonein Oklahoma or northern Texas who I can talk to. I have no one to talk to who understands this disease. I care for Vernon at home alone over 5 years. This site is a godsend but incredibly hard to navigate at first. I'll get the hang of it.

Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:19 am

Post Re: Are there LBD caregivers in OKC Lawton area?
Hmmm. I am in NV..maybe we can merge the south west and western regions...then at least we would have someone to talk to....

Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:39 am

Post Re: Are there LBD caregivers in OKC Lawton area?
We have a support group in Edmond OK - Not sure if that is near to you.
Edmond Santa Fe Dementia Caregivers Support Group
When: Second Monday of every month, 7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Who: For caregivers and family members of those diagnosed with Lewy Body Dementia, Alzheimer’s Disease and other types of dementia.
Address: 1603 North Santa Fe Ave Edmond, OK 73003
Name:
Cindy Thomas
Phone:
405-919-2551
Email:
Cynthia-thomas@ouhsc.edu

Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:29 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 3 posts ]