View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:28 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Idle thoughts... 

Post Idle thoughts...
If idle hand are the devils playground, I submit that idle thoughts are the LBD patients playground.

I don't know if it was the sleep deprivation or what but I had this weird dream that I can't get out of my head now. In this dream every states' lotto system worked differently in that instead of having a big multimillion dollar winner, they would cap the overall winnings but many more people would win. The key thing is where there might be one multimillionaire before there might be a hundred winners that would receive say ten grand a month for life, essentially they never had to work again. Spread across all 50 states and basically the lottery ensured that about 5000 people a month would never have to work again. Not enough to be frivolous but enough to be comfortable for life. Plus without the insane riches these people would still be motivated/encouraged to work or at least work at something, even if only a hobby. In my dream over a year or two the landscape of this country (what I could see in the dream) was very different and in ways I can't describe, very good.

I am no economist, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night so recall please that this is the theory of a diseased mind. It was interesting though....

Funny part is I never really gave any kind of lottery much thought since a summer back in '89 or so when I was determined to write software to crack the Michigan lotto and went seriously OCD on the subject. At the end (got close but close only works if you have a lot to invest) I basically mentally shut down anything to do with the lotto, haven't even bought a ticket regardless of which state I was living in. So this coming out of nowhere was kinda weird.

So the best way for me to get it out of my head is if someone here can point at the flaw; I will happily put it on the shelf for a much later date which may end up being never.

Sat May 13, 2017 1:18 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 1 post ]