View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:04 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Happy 420 all you loons! 

Post Happy 420 all you loons!
Attachment:
File comment: Sample from my garden...
lesserexorcistbud.jpg
lesserexorcistbud.jpg [ 44.54 KiB | Viewed 3122 times ]
Have a mellow day everyone....little something from my garden from me to you...

Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:37 pm

Post Re: Happy 420 all you loons!
Good brownie recipe too?

Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:19 pm

Jilytibrme wrote:
Good brownie recipe too?

Sure, just melt a gram of cheap shatter from your local dispensary in a 1/4 cup coconut or veg oil, your choice and make the brownies from that. Will cost 45 bucks for the shatter in Vegas but you can get 9-10 pretty peppy little treats out of it. Sadly in my case, I had whats called an RNY surgery on my stomach some 10+ years ago which made my system malabsorptive and I only get 25% of what I ingest. So, in order to get anything out of those brownies I would need to eat half or more of them, the catch-22 being my stomach is the size of an egg now so basically for me, edibles are out. I process all of my flower into concentrated medication which is then ingested via vaporization. This gives me a far more potent dose so I can dose less often plus vaporization means it hits my bloodstream within moments which further means pain, nausea are gone in less time than it takes to watch a commercial on TV. Not that I watch commercials but I remember how long they were 15 years ago, somehow doubt they are shorter now.

You know, somewhere WAYY down the list of common LBD symptoms, digression must be in there somewhere.

Peace and happy 420.
Jeff

Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:31 pm

Jeff,
This just keeps getting weirder. You, as well had RNY. I'm just over 4 very successful years out.

Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:23 am

Poppygail wrote:
Jeff,
This just keeps getting weirder. You, as well had RNY. I'm just over 4 very successful years out.

Hey Randy; yep, one of the smarter things I have done in my life, Diabetes was kicking my ass no matter how good I kept my A1C scores and blood sugar levels so did the research, discovered that in European research studies they had found that in 95% of the cases, folks with diabetes would walk out (well, get wheeled out but you know) of the surgery 48 hours later, diabetes-free. No more symptoms, no more meds, the body just started working right. So even though I had to pay for it myself it was well-worth it. Since 2005 everything has been damned-near perfect in that regard.

And congrats on 4 successful years Randy. When I was first post-op it was suggested I go to some kind of support meeting where I had the fantasy it would be about post-op support but it turns out to be nothing but a bunch of post-ops whining they wanted their chocolate back...I left in disgust and never went back. They put themselves through as that just to say screw it? I will never understand some folks....

Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:36 am

Morning Jeff, in my case I w knocking on the door of CHF and knew what a miserable death that was. Once I made the decision, I never looked back. On the support groups, I pretty much found the same or found looong timers who made you feel like a piece of crap if you looked at anything other than protein and water. Angered me

Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:42 am

Poppygail wrote:
Morning Jeff, in my case I w knocking on the door of CHF and knew what a miserable death that was. Once I made the decision, I never looked back. On the support groups, I pretty much found the same or found looong timers who made you feel like a piece of crap if you looked at anything other than protein and water. Angered me

Yeah post-op I got the "religion" too simply being determined not to fail at somethingut that cost me so much, something I really did have alot invested in. However the not looking at chocolate, etc was never a problem for me because...well you know, post-op, its not just your stomach that gets rewired...in my case it shut off all hunger (still has) but for some reason within a week of surgery jacked my metabolism up so much, I HAD to get on the treadmill several times a day for a while, up to an hour each time or I simply could not sleep at night. I kept buzzing with energy and it all worked together to make me lose too fast to the point that they were actually considering reversing the surgery. I was like 125 at the low point; had it gone longer they would have reversed it. But things slowly evened out and I am way better than fine now but....since you have done this too, let me ask you: with the dementia leading to memory slips and the surgery still not making me hungry, I worry about skipping too many meals because the only reason I remember to eat now is that I remember to eat now. And it really doesn't take me alot of missing meals to get back down into a dangerous weight-class....

Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:03 am

Yeah, they were getting on to me as well about losing to much although not nearly in your class. Think I bottomed out at 155 and was still going when they intervened. I started at around 320. I still don't get hungry and as you say, I cant sit still. Except now, when the fog sets in. Then I have no reason to move or think. With all of the problems of the past year or so I have reverted to some stress eating and have regained some weight but I'm all right with that. Before the stress, I never remembered to eat. That is a legitimate concern as the dementia worsens.

Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:40 am

Poppygail wrote:
Yeah, they were getting on to me as well about losing to much although not nearly in your class. Think I bottomed out at 155 and was still going when they intervened. I started at around 320. I still don't get hungry and as you say, I cant sit still. Except now, when the fog sets in. Then I have no reason to move or think. With all of the problems of the past year or so I have reverted to some stress eating and have regained some weight but I'm all right with that. Before the stress, I never remembered to eat. That is a legitimate concern as the dementia worsens.

Randy I would not normally even think to mention this but considering this thread and current topic-drift, weird fun fact about my RNY: I have been a friend to the herb for many years and for many of those years it hit me like everyone else, major munchies. Since the RNY, not once that I can remember, which doesn't carry alot of weight in this forum, I get that. But nope, went from a whiff causing major munchies to the best stuff money can buy or I can make and nothing. CBD on the other hand, I am getting the box of Capn Crunch out pronto....
Attachment:
File comment: Capn Crunch, one my major food-groups
cap-crunch.jpg
cap-crunch.jpg [ 214.92 KiB | Viewed 3108 times ]

Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:04 pm

Love It!

Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:46 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 10 posts ]