View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:13 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Some of the emotioneal highs and lows of STML... 

Post Some of the emotioneal highs and lows of STML...
I just made that acronym up, to lazy to spell it out in the title. Short term memory loss can be kind of an emotional rollercoaster for the dumbest of reasons, yet it keeps happening over and over. In my case, we have a fairly techie house with smartphones, tablets, PCs and servers everywhere. Now when I am in my grow area and I see something cool I want to take a picture of, I take the snap with my smartphone and then "share" the pic with myself via email. Pretty low tech but it gets the job done of getting it quickly to my PC with no additional effort on my part.

The problem is when you have expressive aphasia its really hard to keep any social life going, in fact I have the list of folks I will speak voice to (not counting the police or Ed MacMahon if he ever shows up with my money) down to like two people at this point, and one I speak to once a year. Results in a kind of involuntary hermitude. I don't even know if thats a word but its what my mind says. So when I get even email from someone not named SPAM I get all excited and race to check my mail...which I do every f-ing time I share something with myself and forget I did it two seconds later so 15 seconds later when the mail comes in my mind is full of wonder and expectation as to who might be writing to me....until I find out its me, I let out a Homeresque "doh" and go on with my day...until I do it again with say an article from the web I want to archive on my desktop but am on the tablet. Same damned dance I share the story photo whatever and sure enough DING goes my email notification on the PC and equally sure enough I go racing over....just to utter D'oh! one more time....

Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:50 pm

Post Re: Some of the emotioneal highs and lows of STML...
Jeff,

:lol: Don't mean to laugh but you just described my day. As a matter of fact, I was telling the wife just yesterday that I had turned into a total recluse except for the cyber friends I had across the country. Funny how things tend to work the same.

Randy

Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:52 am

Poppygail wrote:
Jeff,

:lol: Don't mean to laugh but you just described my day. As a matter of fact, I was telling the wife just yesterday that I had turned into a total recluse except for the cyber friends I had across the country. Funny how things tend to work the same.

Randy

Randy I meant for you to laugh...not so much that its a joke but the simple fact is that we all have season passes to the carnival of the absurd, and if we don't learn to laugh at the lunacy of the situation, it could make us *so weird*!

Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:12 am

That's great!

Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:50 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 4 posts ]