View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:25 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Pretty sure my dad has LBD 

Post Pretty sure my dad has LBD
I just moved my dad in with me four months ago. Before that, he lived nearly 1000 miles away, but I could tell he was struggling. Since then, we have seen a fair number of LBD cognitive symptoms. He is still physically strong ( for a 74 year old) and on his good days, he is almost himself but with signs of dementia. On his bad days, he is disoriented, agitated, delusional and has tried to leave home on five different occasions. That is the scary part for me. He has tried to get someone to take him to the airport and also hitched a ride to the post office because he wanted to check his mail. I have been advised that he needs to be in a secure memory care facility, but on his lucid days, I'm afraid of how he will react. He's in total denial about his condition. He thinks that because he is having some good days, that he is recovering. I would love to be able to keep him him with us, but I can't take my eyes off him for a second for fear of another elopement. Have any of you had to deal with this aspect of the disease? He is starting to show some signs of paranoia and has stated on multiple occasions that he never wants to be "locked up". I'm afraid he will never forgive me if I move I'm at this stage.

Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:12 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 1 post ]