View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:13 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Success with supplements 

Post Success with supplements
My husband was diagnosed with dementia about 3 years ago. About a year and a half ago he began hallucinating. Despite having numerous LBD symptoms 2 neurologists failed to diagnose him with LBD. After reading about LBD I concluded this is what he had. While waiting to get him seen at Cleveland Clinic I tried a several supplements to treat symptoms. (Doctors at Cleveland Clinic are wonderful. They have confirmed the diagnosis.)

I have had great success with Alpha GPC. His visual spacial awareness was so bad he could not feed himself. His urinary incontinence was so bad he was urinating everywhere every 15 or 20 minutes. 1 300mg capsule of Alpha GPC in the morning has greatly improved both those symptoms. His visual spacial awareness is almost normal and his urinary frequency is almost normal. He still urinates inappropriate places but the frequency has changed dramatically. He has been taking it for 4 months. The improvement started after only a few days. I thought if one capsule was good then two might be better but it made him worse so I reduced the dose back to one capsule and he got better again.

Another supplement that has been successful is L-Theanine. He was agitated almost constantly and was getting agressive. L-Theanine has calmed him down. It has also made a very slight reduction in the hallucinations and he seems slightly less confused. I experimented with the dose and found that 1 100mg capsule every 4 hours with a maximum of 4 doses per day works best.

I also give him the sleep aide, Alteril.

He is currently on no prescription drugs. I also give him a multiple vitamin daily and 200mg magnesium glycinate tablet.

Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:49 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 1 post ]