View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:36 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Cruel caregiver 

Post Cruel caregiver
My 64-year-old sister has had LBD for about 2 years now. Although she is still quite sharp mentally, she has lots and lots of problems, both mental and physical as a result of the disease.

The reason I am writing is that I (and others in the family) are very upset at how selfishly her husband treats her. You'd think it was him we should be feeling sorry for. He has refused to educate himself about LBD, won't go to caregivers' meetings, will not make their multi-storey house and garden safer, will not help make legal and medical decisions ahead of time, and so on.

Worst of all however, is the way my brother-in-law treats my sister. He insults her and shouts obscenities when she does anything to provoke him; even threatens to put her in a facility. They have to children and have been a seemingly devoted couple for over 30 years. After being babied and cared for by her all their married life it seems that my b-in-l is furious that their future plans have been dashed and he now has to care for her. This is more than 'denial'.

The health authorities will step in at such time as my sister is deemed "incapable" but I would like to try and find a way to make her life less unhappy in the meantime.

Are there any websites that discuss this sort of problem? I haven't been able to find anything useful.

Concerned Sister

Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:43 pm

Post Re: Cruel caregiver
I urge you to contact your local Elder Care Services Agency and speak to them regarding the situation. If they feel it is Elder Abuse, they will follow up.

Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:29 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 2 posts ]