View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:58 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Preventing rage in helpful LBD patients... 

Post Preventing rage in helpful LBD patients...
I can tell you from first-hand experience what will prevent more rages, anger and really special words if your LBD patient likes to help in the kitchen. Just four words:

Invest In Plastic Dishes.

Cheaper than Prozac.

Peace
Jeff

Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:44 pm

Post Re: Preventing rage in helpful LBD patients...
CoreyBond wrote:
Hello, I am newbie in this forum

Then maybe you should not start out by spamming everyone....

Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:35 am

I am new here too and its a shame about the spammers...

I have not had too many episodes as of yet with rage. My Dad will throw a temper tantrum if he doesn't get his way sometimes, not very often.

Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:08 am

Chickadee wrote:
I am new here too and its a shame about the spammers...

I have not had too many episodes as of yet with rage. My Dad will throw a temper tantrum if he doesn't get his way sometimes, not very often.

Chick; I have noticed the closest I come to rage is when I physically fumble something I know I should know how to do. Its not that it fouled up really; I have dealt with screwing up my whole life, thats how I learn. What triggers the rage is the realization that there isn't a single thing I could have done to prevent it and it will only get worse with time. The rage may seem to be at the dish I dropped or paper plate I set on a live burner on the stove but in fact its me raging against the heavens so to speak at the seeming unfairness of it all, like give me a little, tiny break please...

This is no way excuses it but at least in my case it definitely triggers it.

Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:52 am

Most people with dementia undergo behavioral changes during the course of the disease. They may become anxious or repeat the same question or activity over and over. The unpredictability of these changes can be stressful for caregivers. As the disease progresses, your loved one's behavior may seem inappropriate, childlike or impulsive. Anticipating behavioral changes and understanding the causes can help you deal with them more effectively.

Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:39 am

I have been taking care of my sick mother for several years. And her moral health is a problem. It's more and more difficult to find motivation and support the desire to live. Sometimes I have to give up travel and a conference. Of course, the sick relatives are taken away a long time. But it doesn't stop me from loving them.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:34 am

Darcy1 wrote:
I have been taking care of my sick mother for several years. And her moral health is a problem. It's more and more difficult to find motivation and support the desire to live. Sometimes I have to give up travel and a conference. Of course, the sick relatives are taken away a long time. But it doesn't stop me from loving them.

Thats a tough one and one I am also concerned about because when I am in a down-cycle, I feel extremely apathetic to almost everything around me. It isn't like I feel hopeless or anything, its more a matter of intense disinterest. Unfortunately in that state my speech is at its worst and so I can't explain I am not depressed or in pain or anything so folks around me make the assumptions they do.

The only upside for me is the CBD meds I take...without them the apathy can reign; with them, I am more curious and engaged in the world around me and that keeps me active. Keeps my mind active too. Not saying it would work for anyone else but its working like anything for me/us (me / my caregiver). 8)

Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:14 am

I totally agree with Jeff. It's the inability to do the simplest things sometimes that just make me want to throw a chair off the balcony Oh wait I think I did that, launched it pretty good to. I don't want to hurt anyone around me I'm just pissed and frustrated. 56 year old temper tantrums can be scary I get all wound up like I'm speeding out of control and go on rants verbally, not hurtful to my wife but about things that are out of control. It's funny you say you do that deep breath thing, so do I and I also have a friend who is severely Bi Polar that does the same thing. Interesting. I really appreciate it when my wife lets me think I made a decision in our daily lives, or gave good advice on a subject, and when I'm on a rant she just agree's and gets behind what I'm expressing at that moment really helps. When she's talking to the kids and giving them advice on something of course I want to put in my two cents, and then she'll stifle me like sshh or she says be quiet. Man I feel like I'm worthless:( I've been giving advice and making decisions my whole life and now I'm just supposed to stop. It really makes me feel like I'm saying something wrong and I just don't realize it. Just fake it, go along with him, then leave the room to finish your discussion. This is a big undertaking and I'm not sure who's shoes I'd rather be in. Positive breeds Positive. Negative breeds Negative. So even with the type of T.V. programs stay away from drama we got enough. Watch funny stuff and shows where they blow up a bunch of stuff or inspirational movies. this relieves stress. We watched about half of "On Golden Pond" the other day man that was a mistake we just held each other and cried as soon as the music started. Much Love Ted...

Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:38 pm

musicfishing wrote:
I totally agree with Jeff. It's the inability to do the simplest things sometimes that just make me want to throw a chair off the balcony Oh wait I think I did that, launched it pretty good to. I don't want to hurt anyone around me I'm just pissed and frustrated. 56 year old temper tantrums can be scary I get all wound up like I'm speeding out of control and go on rants verbally, not hurtful to my wife but about things that are out of control. It's funny you say you do that deep breath thing, so do I and I also have a friend who is severely Bi Polar that does the same thing. Interesting. I really appreciate it when my wife lets me think I made a decision in our daily lives, or gave good advice on a subject, and when I'm on a rant she just agree's and gets behind what I'm expressing at that moment really helps. When she's talking to the kids and giving them advice on something of course I want to put in my two cents, and then she'll stifle me like sshh or she says be quiet. Man I feel like I'm worthless:( I've been giving advice and making decisions my whole life and now I'm just supposed to stop. It really makes me feel like I'm saying something wrong and I just don't realize it. Just fake it, go along with him, then leave the room to finish your discussion. This is a big undertaking and I'm not sure who's shoes I'd rather be in. Positive breeds Positive. Negative breeds Negative. So even with the type of T.V. programs stay away from drama we got enough. Watch funny stuff and shows where they blow up a bunch of stuff or inspirational movies. this relieves stress. We watched about half of "On Golden Pond" the other day man that was a mistake we just held each other and cried as soon as the music started. Much Love Ted...

Yeah I tend to steer clear of the stuff that ends in death not caused by explosives or hardware. Except zombie movies, those are great because the bad guys are dumber than I am most days. Makes me hopeful in case of an actual zombie apocalypse. Pretty much every other kind of apocalypse, I am screwed and I know it.

I know this goes against popular wisdom but I have asked the two most important people in my life never to simply "agree with the crazy person". Its too easy of an answer for the other person but its worse for me in this state because often I will state something, not as a statement of fact but rather a sanity check on my perceptions. If people simply agree with my assumptions simply to agree then I am left with a further and further-drifting sense of what real reality actually is. The truth is I am trying to hang onto as much reality and ...normality I guess if there is such a word as long as I can. I fear the loss of that far more than the loss of my own physical life.

Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:19 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 9 posts ]