View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:24 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Doctors! 

Post Doctors!
I just want to vent for a while. I don't have insurance, so I have trouble getting the best quality care. My neurologist referred me to the neurology department at University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences in Little Rock. I think she just wants a second opinion.

My experience at UAMS was terrible! The doctors had the manners of a mule. They were very young and so arrogant I wanted to slap them. I say 'they' because there were two of them. First I saw an intern for about an hour, and then his supervisor.

Their 'exam' felt like a cross-examination by an aggressive prosecuting attorney. My wife couldn't be there, so my Dad came with me, but he doesn't know near as much as my wife does. My wife wrote up a list of what she's seen and experienced. The neurologist glanced at it and laid it aside, and he never looked at it again. The young doctor kept asking me questions that I was really vague about . . . like the timeline of my symptoms. I just didn't know, and neither did my dad! My wife hadn't actually done a timeline. And sometimes I contradticted myself, I guess, because he was all over that. "I thought you told me such and such!" he'd demand with his quipped foreign accent and the meanest face I'd seen in days. It didn't feel like he was trying to get a clear understanding. I wouldn't have been surprised if he wanted to waterboard me! I have trouble controlling my temper sometimes. It was all I could do not to punch him in the nose!

Here's my dilemma: do I keep the follow up appointment? I can't stand this guy. I mean, I despise him. But I have very limited options in terms of medical care.

Randy

Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:56 pm
Profile YIM

How ridiculous! I say bag the next appt, send a letter to the supervisor's supervisor, and copy your current neurologist on the letter. Include what you've written below. That should get some people's attention! My $.02.
Robin

Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:04 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 2 posts ]