View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:09 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Lewy Body Dementia vs Pick's Disease 

Post Lewy Body Dementia vs Pick's Disease
We had the visit of a social worker today to evaluate the needs for personal care for my husband who was diagnosed with LBD 3 years ago. I noticed that in her documentation, the social worker has registered my husband as having LBD/ Pick's Disease. I thought that while these are kinds of dementia, the area of the brain affected is different as well as the progression of the disease. Please help me to clarify the matter.
Therese

Thu May 24, 2007 9:50 pm

I think the social worker must not know. You might ask why she put your husband into that category. Is this a hospice social worker?

You can find all the info you'd ever want on Pick's from www.ftd-picks.org. (Personally, I wouldn't spend more than 10 minutes looking into it.)

Pick's is a tauopathy. LBD is a synucleinopathy. Different proteins jamming up different parts of the brain (though there is some overlap in parts damaged).

Sat May 26, 2007 2:18 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 2 posts ]