View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:11 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Edema (Swelling from Fluids) on 1 Side Only 

Post Edema (Swelling from Fluids) on 1 Side Only
Have any of you had a loved one who has had swelling of arm, hand, and foot on only 1 side of the body?

Mon May 25, 2009 2:33 pm

Cryst, we have that situation right now. My husband's right lower leg, ankle and foot are swollen. He did see a primary care doctor last Thursday. We are keeping his foot elevated and waiting for his appt. at the vascular doctor on Wed morning. We called a nurse who said emergency would not do much since it is a holiday weekend. She told me that if when I press on his leg and if where I pressed stays indented then I need to take him to emergency. Also if his leg turns gray or red to take him to the emergency room. So we wait out the holiday.
Lorraine

Mon May 25, 2009 4:46 pm

Post Edema (Swelling from Fluids) on 1 Side Only
Looks like we are waiting together.

My husband's resting blood pressure has dropped in the last few weeks. Sound familiar?

Mon May 25, 2009 7:37 pm

Cryst, My husband is on meds for BP. On Thurs. the first BP reading at the primary care dr. office was a little high. Then after a few minutes of being there the nurse took it again and it was more acceptable. Robert has a tremor so much of the time I doubt that his BP will be low. We did go through the phase a couple of years ago when he did experience orthostatic hypotension.
Lorraine

Mon May 25, 2009 11:20 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 4 posts ]