View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:52 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 brain autopsy results 

Post brain autopsy results
My husband crossed over in August 2008. We had signed up for an autopsy through Indiana University Department of Medical and Molecular Genetics. I received the results today.
Final diagnosis: 1. Parkinson disease (Braak stage VI) Diffuse Lewy body disease (neocortical type---high likelihood)
Throughout the description of the autopsy, they referred to Lewy bodies found in various parts of the brain.,
I guess this is the final stage of his long fight---a diagnosis and hopefully some help to others with this horrible disease.
Blessings to all with LO with LBD.
maryangela

Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:18 pm

Post Final step as a loving caregiver
Now you know. MaryAngela, thank you for letting us know about the results. I hope you are adjusting to life without him. I know this brings a lot of your thoughts and feelings back but please know you have answered questions, not just for yourself but Medical Science as well. I, for one, appreciate what you have done for us all.

DrP

"See this lady she's 85 but she's nice", This is the way my husband, Mr B., introduced me in 2006 to the people only he knew. Death due to pneumonia. Lewy Body Dementia diagnosed post mortem at Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville Florida.

Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:56 pm

My condolences again on the passing of your husband. And thanks to him for making this most generous gift, and to you for following through with the brain donation. I'm glad you got some closure today through the brain autopsy results.

Your husband was one of those rare people who had DLB without Alzheimer's pathology. It would be interesting to compare his symptoms to others' symptoms where the diagnosis has been the "Lewy body variant of Alzheimer's."

Robin

Fri May 01, 2009 1:16 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 3 posts ]