View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:48 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 better after infection gone 

Post better after infection gone
My mom was diag. with LBD about 8 months ago. For months she was really bad, having hallunications, couldn't go to bathroom herself, needed help with dressing getting into bed etc. We took her to a urologist a month ago and he finally got rid of a bladder infection she had had for a long time.(2-3 months) The last couple weeks she is so much better. It's amazing. She now only wets at night. She can almost dress herself and she is moving so much better. My question is how long can she stay this way. I've read about not knowing how fast it will progress but she is so good I wonder if maybe she doesn't have it? It's so wonderful to see how much better she is but I sit here worring when the ball will drop. Has anyone else expierenced and improvement like this?

Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:36 pm

Take each good day as it comes, you are not the first person to think their loved one didn't have LBD during a good time, the fluctuations are unreal sometimes but it also shows when they are on the proper medication and are free from infections, how they can be for a time, its all about balance!

Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:51 pm
Profile WWW

We experienced a lot of fluctuations with my mother-in-law's symptoms. One day good, the next bad. Of course, urinary tract infections wreaked havoc on her. Keep an eye on your mom and cherish the good days. Keeping your loved one on a predictable schedule helps a lot. Take care of yourself and accept help when others offer.

Joyce K

Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:27 pm

I am really enjoying these good days.She actually got up the other night to go to the bathroom. that hasn't happened in a long time. The girl we have come in the morning said she was only a little wet. The other night at dinner I started to cut her meat and she said "what do you think I'm a baby?" I was shocked. She cut up her steak by herself. She has been so good. ....Oh no, Mom just called me and is confused as to where she is and what she's suppose to do. I'm at work only a mile away so off I go....thanks for you thoughts

Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:44 am

Just to let anyone know who read my previous post, mom is ok. She usually gets up at 9 or 9:30. the caregiver comes at 8:30. this morning she woke up at 7:30 and thought she was at oct. therapy and they had left her alone in a room. After I got her up and dressed she was better. The caregiver is there now. I worry about her being alone at night. She refuses to come live with one of us. Once we put her in bed she never use to get up until our CG comes but recently shes been getting up to go to the bathroom. We may have to start taking turns staying with her at night. It is hard as we all have to be to work at 7:30.
now better get my work done....
Diana

Last edited by bonbon101 on Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:58 am

Thanks! maybe you were the only one to see!!!!!

Last edited by bonbon101 on Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:00 am

FYI - You can edit your own posts. This is especially easy to do if no one has posted following you as then no one knows you've been editing!

Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:47 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 7 posts ]