What is this study about?
The purpose of this study is to understand if E2027 has any potential effect on slowing cognitive decline and visual hallucinations for people with DLB.
What is involved?
Participants of this study will be randomly assigned to either an oral dose of E2027 or an inactive substitute (placebo) for 12 weeks. Neither the study participant nor the researcher will know who is receiving E2027, which is called double-blinding. Brain imaging and electrocardiograms will be taken.
Who can participate?
An individual may be able to join the study if he/she:
- Has been diagnosed with dementia with Lewy bodies
- Has experienced visual hallucinations in the last 4 months
- Is between 50 and 85 years of age
- Has a study partner who is able to attend study visits
- Stable doses of memantine are permitted
If you would like to learn if you are eligible to participate in this study, click here to take a pre-screening test.