Since our incorporation in 2003, LBDA has garnered the support of experienced family caregivers and outstanding professionals who volunteer to share in the delivery of our mission. Though their contributions may start with the interest of an individual volunteer, the significance of their efforts impacts our organization in tremendous ways.
Here are 5 ways our volunteers make a big difference in the lives of patients, their families and caregivers:
- Last year, the LBD Caregiver Link volunteers responded to more than 700 calls and coordinated the delivery of over 4,000 pieces of literature to educate LBD families and caregivers.
- There are now over 100 support groups in more than 50 cities in the United States and Canada thanks to the help and dedication of LBDA Support Group Facilitators.
- In 2011 LBD Awareness Movement volunteers raised nearly $100,000 to increase knowledge and understanding of LBD.
- Thanks to the support of one dedicated volunteer, the LBDA Facebook Page has nearly 4,000 likes. Help us reach 5,000 by liking us too!
- Our Board of Directors consists entirely of volunteers. Together their skills and expertise help take LBDA to new heights.
If you would like to make a positive contribution to the LBD community, we invite you to learn more about our volunteer opportunities.