Before the holiday rush is in full force, LBDA would like to take this time to thank YOU for your continued support and dedication to our mission. Without you, it would have been impossible to make progress every year on behalf of LBD families. Highlights from 2011 include:
- New educational resources for LBD families:
- Second year of the LBD Awareness Movement “A Month To Remember,” featuring the new LBDA Hub of Hope Directory.
- First educational webinar on LBD
- Second caregiver research project: Caregiver Grief, Well-Being and Quality of Life in Neurodegenerative Diseases. Promotional partners include Family Caregiver Alliance, Alzheimer’s Foundation of America, Parkinson’s Disease Association
- Major upgrades to the LBDA website
Our plans for 2012 are already underway and include:
- A research grant award for a pilot study on Lewy body dementia
- More educational webinars
- A Speaker’s Kit for local community outreach events
- The third year of the LBD Awareness Movement
- Increased advocacy for medical research funding for neurological disorders like LBD
Keep watching your inbox throughout 2012 for announcements about these programs and more from LBDA!