LBDA Volunteer Corner - August 2013
Announcing a New LBD Support Group!
The Research Triangle LBD Support Group in Raleigh, North Carolina is the newest support group to connect individuals, families and caregivers who are seeking support during life's challenging times. To learn more about this group and others, click here.
LBDA’s Volunteer Orientation Is Now Offered Online
It's easy, convenient — it's for you!
- View the presentation to learn about volunteer opportunities with LBDA
- Register online as a new volunteer
- Talk with Toy Scaife-Rooks, Volunteer and Program Coordinator, (firstname.lastname@example.org, 404.549.4248) about ways to support the LBD community and LBDA’s mission.
Introduction to Volunteering Orientations – also available live via webinar!
New Categories for LBD Support Groups
Each of the support groups in the National LBD Support Group Network has now been placed in a category to provide more information about the support groups and what they offer. The categories are:
- General - caregiver/peer facilitated
- Educational - facilitated by a professional; educational classes are provided
- Professional - facilitated by a professional at an advocacy organization, long term care facility or other group.
- Virtual - facilitated over the phone or the group is web-based