Host an Event
Hosting a community event is a fun, meaningful way to raise LBD awareness and help LBDA serve more families, educate professionals and provide funding for desperately needed research.
Organize a Fundraising Event
Follow these easy steps to plan your fundraising event:
- Think of a fun idea for a fundraiser that would work well in your community. Click here to see what other LBDA volunteers have done to raise thousands of dollars.
- Schedule a kick-off meeting with LBDA Director of Development Davida Morgan Washington, at 404.549.4247 or firstname.lastname@example.org. She will be your primary liaison. Tell her about your fundraising event idea, your fundraising goal and any unique planning needs that may be relevant for your particular event type.
- Complete your third-party fundraising agreement and send to email@example.com or via fax 480.522.5434 at least 60 days prior to your event date. Please include all information so that we can promote your event on LBDA’s website and social media.
- Check out the media tips and tools for help in promoting your event through the media.
- LBDA will provide you with the LBDA logo for your event materials. Send all materials utilizing the logo to firstname.lastname@example.org for approval.
- Hold your event.
- Submit fundraising event reports and event proceeds to LBDA.
Fundraising Tip: Create a personal fundraising page online
Through the online fundraising tool Firstgiving, you can leverage the power of your online network to raise awareness and funds for LBDA. Personal fundraising pages make it easy for family, friends and coworkers support your favorite cause. Visit http://www.firstgiving.com/LBDA and get started today!
Don’t want to plan an event, but still want to raise money? Participate in a local road race or walk and ask people to sponsor you via your FirstGiving page.
Organize an Outreach Event
Organize an educational event to create awareness of Lewy body dementia. Together, we can make a difference in your workplace, your family or your community by educating the general public about LBD.
Types of outreach events:
- Organize an educational event for the public. Partner with a local retirement community or a neurologist in your community.
- Host a lunch and learn at work.
- Organize a booth at a health fair.
- Put up a bulletin board display at a public place like a library.
What we can provide
LBDA Event Flyer Template LBDA has created this handy fillable template to use for your events.
LBDA Publications Contact us at email@example.com with any material requests. Please allow 14 days for processing and delivery of materials.
LBDA Speaker’s Kit LBDA has created a helpful speaker’s kit to give you all the content you need for a 30-minute presentation on LBD.
DEMO: Click here to watch and listen to the LBD Speaker's presentation, "When It Isn't Alzheimer's."