View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Question on Parkinsonian Features 

Post Question on Parkinsonian Features
:?: After a year my husband was diagnosed with Dementia with Parkinsonian Features by his Neuro. He had told our primary that it was Lewy Body but not us. I am so thankful for this site to help us understand his situation. We have gone to his primary doctor and had a Physicians Order for DNR and no tube feeding, etc. It is a great relief to have these protections in place. He was placed on Exelon Patch but the side effects far ouweighed the usefullness. So we pulled him off of it. We have decided since there is nothing that can be done to not continue with the Neuro. Our primary doctor has reluctantly agreed to do the care. We feel the simpler the better. We have a great relationship with her and trust her.

Last week he developed a sore and painful ankle but there is no swelling or redness. He has had a minor fall because of it because he says that it buckles under him. I bought an ankle brace for him and he is using his walker. Because there is no swelling I am wondering if this is one of the Parkinsonian features. Has anyone had this experience before? :?:

Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:04 pm

Post Re: Question on Parkinsonian Features
My dad had an issue with one ankle before it was obvious that he had Parkinson's (or before his dr. told me he had suspected Parkinson's for 2 years). They did all sorts of tests and there was nothing conclusive. Looking back on it, I think it was just another Parkinson's symptom that didn't seem to have any other explanation nor treatment. He could barely flex his ankle, it was painful and it never got better. Sorry I can't give you more positive info. but that was my dad's experience. Lynn

Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:43 am

Thank you for your response. His ankle is still hurting off and on. We got a brace to help with the buckling and he seems to be doing OK with it.

Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:01 pm

My wife has a sore ankle that cannot be explained as well. I presumed that it couldn't be connected to LBD or to Parkinsons but am now beginning to wonder. Other non connected (by medical staff) issues include a heart attack which could also not be connected to any physical ailment.

Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:06 am

My husband's ankles and heels hurt him daily. he has blots cots in his left leg and heel, I thought maybe that was why.

Sun May 25, 2014 4:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]