Are you a regular member of the LBDA Discussion Forums? Why not consider volunteering your time as a volunteer forum moderator? You will work with LBDA staff and other volunteer moderators to help keep the forums a warm and welcoming environment.
The responsibilities of a forum moderator are to:
• Welcome new forum members and refer them to relevant LBDA resources as needed.
• Ensure content posted on the forum stays within LBDA policies and practices, and conforms to acceptable standards of politeness and good behavior.
• Address abusive posts, trolling, and provoking statements according to LBDA written procedures.
Moderators are asked to:
• Make a 1 year commitment to this volunteer opportunity
• Visit the forums at least 3 times a week for up to 1 hour each visit, in order to stay up to date on posts in their designated sections and to address any posts that are reported as offensive.
If you are interested in serving in this capacity, please notify LBDA by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org