View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Bama Girl with Questions?? 

Post Bama Girl with Questions??
So I'm New here, My name is Beth Thomasson. I live in Tx. My Grandmother has LBD. I'm one of 9 Grandkids, 4 girls & 5 boys. She got the diagnosis about 2 years ago, but my momma & I were talking to day & looking back there were symptoms that no one realized it was LBD or Alzhiemers. She Has the Rapid Onset or Early Onset. Which ever it's called. So when it finaly "HIT" it was like a ton of bricks , so to speak, 1 day she's her normal self & the following Thanksgiving she's in the kitchen with my momma & can't remember how to bake pies & says " THEY TELL ME THAT MAN IN THERE IS MY HUSBAND" I wanted to cry & I know my mom did. My grandparents have an almost storey book romance, She doesn't remember him & still he calls her baby. The other thing that I really can't stand about LBD is the "blank stare" . Nanny as the 9 of us call her, is in a nursing home, now. She became really vilent. Now she just is sort of there. I used to laugh a little when she'd call my momma by her full name & say " I do wish you'd sit down & shut up" We joked with momma that the only time she knew momma was when she was mad. Mom said she always was the noisy child. Nanny doesn't do that anymore. Really all she did yesterday was hum or moan. It makes me sad. I have pictures of our Vacations together, she used to be a very active lady. Very involved in her church. LBD robs people of EVERYTHING , robs the family of a very special loved one.

Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:23 am

Post Re: Bama Girl with Questions??
Yes, it's a heartbreaking disease. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. God bless!

Pat [68] married to Derek [84] for 38 years; husband dx PDD/LBD 2005, probably began 2002 or earlier; late stage and in a SNF as of January 2011. Hospitalized 11/2/2013 and discharged to home Hospice. Passed away at home on 11/9/2013.

Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:42 am

Welcome to the forums Beth. I hope you find answers and support here. This disease is very confusing and heartbreaking. I've found lots of support here from the only people who really understand what we face every day.
Ellen

Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:21 am

Beth,
Welcome to the LBDA forums, sorry for you need but glad you found a place for some advice and friendship that comes with comfort ! Visit often, as often as you need and if you ask questions if you use the sub forums that fit the question or comment the more answers that will come hopefully.

Good Luck !

Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:24 pm
Profile WWW

Beth - it sounds like you have a wonderful and loving family and many pleasant memories of your nanny. Just be there for her when you can - you never know when a lucid moment will happen and it is wonderful when those moments do occur. I am sorry for what you are all going through. When my mom died at age 76 my biggest regret was that my kids, who were only 9& 13 at the time were losing their wonderful grandmother WAY to early. Big hug, Lynn

Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]