View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Neuro Film Festival 

Post Neuro Film Festival
Hello, to all my forum friends, who remember me, and to you new caregivers. I still read what you write and think you are doing a great job of aiding the [too many] new comers to this site. My grandson has honored Mr Bobby and me by creating and entering a film into the Neuro Film Festival. You may like to view it and possibly vote but I will thank you if you care to just watch. The thing that stood out in my mind after viewing all of the films entered this year as well as the past years is the lack of Lewy Body Dementia. It has not been mentioned. Rhett's film is the first one to bring attention to Lewy Body.

Dorthea

http://patients.aan.com/go/about/neurofilmfestival

Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:21 pm

Post Re: Neuro Film Festival
Of course I remember you, Dorthea! Great to hear from you!

Which of the 76 films entered is his? I'd like to watch it.

Pat [68] married to Derek [84] for 38 years; husband dx PDD/LBD 2005, probably began 2002 or earlier; late stage and in a SNF as of January 2011. Hospitalized 11/2/2013 and discharged to home Hospice. Passed away at home on 11/9/2013.

Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:46 pm

The voting is not by numbers, it is by title. Rhett chose to follow the theme of his grandfather's visions of strange people. He did not get technical so I hope everyone will understand it was from what he observed over the years, it sends Lewy Body awareness on the Neuro site!

He chose as his title "Seeing in the Dark" and if you scroll down to around 57 you will see it.

Thanks, Dorthea

Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:55 pm

Very touching, Dorthea! And it was so nice to see YOU! :P Hope you are doing well. I know it must be hard, missing Bobby so much. God bless you.

Pat [68] married to Derek [84] for 38 years; husband dx PDD/LBD 2005, probably began 2002 or earlier; late stage and in a SNF as of January 2011. Hospitalized 11/2/2013 and discharged to home Hospice. Passed away at home on 11/9/2013.

Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:47 pm

Hi Dorothea - thanks for posting. Good to hear from you after such a long, long time! Lynn

Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:06 pm

Dorothea, the film was so touching and so important for the world to see. What a blessing for everyone who is enlightened by it and for all of us who became enlightened with the personal experience of our loved one diagnosed with this dreaded disease. I have voted and encourage everyone to do so. Perhaps you could get more exposure with Facebook.

Susieg

Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:49 pm

I want to thank you and everyone who votes. My grandson loved his grandad. How do you cram so many memories into five minutes? Yes, we do have it on face book. On my page as well as two of the other grandchildren's pages so I hope it will be noticed. My children [ in their sixties] are hearing from their friends at work, "You know, I think that must have been what my loved one [parents or grandparents or aunts, etc.] had but the doctors never could decide what it was". I become so frustrated with physicians who will not go the extra mile with research. Enlightenment is just around the corner if we continue pushing. So much more light has been shed in the few years since I searched for answers. This forum was my only comfort and saving Grace and I found it late in Mr Bobby's illness. I had these pages for the last two years and I dread thinking what it would have been without it. Such progress was made in those two years.

I will add the address in case someone needs it without returning to the top. The title is, "Seeing in the Dark" by Rhett Sharpe. Dorthea

http://patients.aan.com/go/about/neurofilmfestival

Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:34 pm

What a loving tribute for a grandson to make. Thank you for sharing it with us.
Ellen

Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:54 pm

Dorthea,
What a wonderful job your grandosn diod with this video of the Life of Mr. Bobby .

Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:02 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]