View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Looking for Good Diagnostician in DFW Area 

Post Looking for Good Diagnostician in DFW Area
We are pretty sure mom (88) has LBD and has had it for a while without being properly diagnosed, but we want a diagnosis just to be sure. Her primary care physician is with UTSW, but everyone wants us to go through Neurology there and they cannot see her until nearly February.

Any other good LBD MDs in the DFW area besides the crew at UTSW?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:42 pm

Post Re: Looking for Good Diagnostician in DFW Area
Pravin Khemani, MD, is relatively new at UTSW. Is he also hard to get in to see? He was at Stanford, and many in our local support group liked him a lot.

Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:44 pm

I don't blame you for wanting this to happen soon. But February is going to get here whether you have an appointment or not, so why not go ahead and make one? If you find something sooner that seems equally suitable, you can cancel.

Good luck.

Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:09 am

@robin - Got in with Mary Quiceno in late January at UTSW.

@JeanneG - I got the appointment with UTSW, I was just looking for something sooner since mom's symptoms have been so extreme over the last few weeks.

However, all the docs at UTSW are very good and, in lieu of getting into Neurology, mom's primary care physician managed to fit her in and agreed with the diagnosis, setting her up for an MRI and some other tests to rule out infection so we will go into Neurology prepared.

Thanks for the advice!

Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:15 pm

Good going!

Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:37 pm

You must go see Dr. Dewey at UTSW regardless of whether or not she gets diagnosed immediately by someone else in the meantime. He is amazing and diagnosed my father in 2008 with LBD when his neurologist had him on all kinds of different ineffective medications. I truly believe he bought him 2 years of quality life when he was constantly confused due to incorrect medication dosages. You will love him! My dad is in end stage and hospice called a few days ago and said to start preparing myself because the end is getting very close. I am planning on donating his brain to the research center there at UTSW for a final diagnosis and hopefully they can help someone with the knowledge they gain.. Keep coming back to this board, it has saved my sanity many, many times. FYI in case you are wondering like I was in the beginning..is it going to go down like they say? And the answer is yes, my dads case was textbook according to everyone's experiences here so read, read, read. Knowledge is power! Good luck and you aren't alone!
Jennifer

Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:16 pm

Dr. Dewey is my husband's neurologist too. He has been instrumental in correctly diagnosing my husband with LBD and prescribing the correct medication. We travel from East Texas to Dallas to see him but it is well worth the trip. He goes slowly and surely with medication & I have great faith in him. An emergency trip to Parkland from an airplane on a return trip from Hawaii was our first encounter with Dr. Dewey. His knowledge was apparent immediately. While the emergency was harrowing it was a blessing in disguise because we were then able to take advantage of his care going forward. Kudos to Dr. Dewey.

Susieg

Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]