View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Is Incontinence a symptom of LBD? 

Post Is Incontinence a symptom of LBD?
Hello,
I am Patsy. I am brand new to the forum. I just had a long post and lost it because it required me to login again. But my question is: Is incontinence a symptom of LBD? My husband has had memory issues for a year and now Parkinsonism. He has not been fully diagnosed yet but stroke has been ruled out. We have an appt. with the neurologist again next week. I noticed a puddle in front of the commode 4 mos. ago. He urinates every 5 min. 24/7. The puddle is always there. He wets his clothes at times. He cannot explain why. I bought Depends and that helps some. Thanks to anyone who can shed some light on this topic.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:34 pm

Post Re: Is Incontinence a symptom of LBD?
Incontinence is quite common in LBD. My husband had a 'dribbling' problem for several years prior to his diagnosis and also had episodes of inability to void. I had to take him to the ER several times for this. We finally obtained an 'in-and-out' catheter just for such emergencies. Since 2008, though, he has had an indwelling catheter, as he is unable to empty his bladder on his own.

Pat [68] married to Derek [84] for 38 years; husband dx PDD/LBD 2005, probably began 2002 or earlier; late stage and in a SNF as of January 2011. Hospitalized 11/2/2013 and discharged to home Hospice. Passed away at home on 11/9/2013.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:07 am

Post Re: Is Incontinence a symptom of LBD?
Thanks so much for the info. It is hard for me to believe that this is happening. But the incontinence makes it more obvious. He was the kind of guy who creased his blue jeans so this is very disturbing to him. He is now downstairs asleep in the middle of the day which makes it more real too.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]