View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Newest research in LBD 

Post Newest research in LBD
Hi guys,

Below is news coverage regarding the UK finding of a possible treatment path for neurodegenerative diseases. It is in the very early stages, but is regarded as a promising discovery.

http://www.abc.net.au/science/articles/ ... 497027.htm

Tue May 15, 2012 10:33 am

Post Re: Newest research in LBD
Exciting news!! :P

Pat [68] married to Derek [84] for 38 years; husband dx PDD/LBD 2005, probably began 2002 or earlier; late stage and in a SNF as of January 2011. Hospitalized 11/2/2013 and discharged to home Hospice. Passed away at home on 11/9/2013.

Tue May 15, 2012 10:39 am

What is the latest in this development? I'm afraid time with my Mate is running out. Cognition is getting worse, urinary and bowel problems are creeping up. Oh what a mess.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:36 pm

The problem with much of the research is when something good is found to be a help, it is so long before it is actually useful for our LO"s! But we must never give up hope that something will come along to help not only our LO's but other's who will suffer these type of diseases in the future !

Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:34 pm
Profile WWW

Irene, funny, Marie's actual name is Irene! No I will never give up hope. But I do see a lot of information coming out of UK that never seems to make it here. Ok Irene, when I win that lottery tonight, LBDA is on my list. We need the cure! 8)

Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:33 pm

I actually think not giving up hope all the years that I cared for my husband was what got me through the rough spots, I even named our little puppy maltese "Hope" and sadly she too is now gone ! :cry:

Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:31 pm
Profile WWW

Irene, sorry to hear about your losses. I am having a veryhard time dealing with this now. This season is very hard on me as in 1983 I lost my Dad on Dec 16. Ten my father in law, who was like a father to me, was placed in a home in Dec of 2003, in Dec of 2009 my mother became veryill with Vascular dementia and CHF and I lost her in Jan of 2010. In Feb of 2010 Marie had the Vertigo incident which changed our lives for life. She got the Lewy Lean backwards ever since and I have to be next to her at all times to prevent a fall. We used to really hava bang up time celebrating the holidays and now I just them to pass. It is so so sad to see our loved ones go down hill and can't do a thing about it. I though in Sept when they increased the Exelon to 13.3mg it would help. Well it did for a week. Now the hallucinations and cognition are the same as they were if not a little worse. Now I read that the first trials with Aricept that showed such promise, haven;t worked that well. I keep praying for the cure and have high hopes that get blasted everytime I see something that was promising and then a negative about it.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:53 am

The holidays always bring a sad time for us when we are dealing with Hugh losses on a daily basis such as loss people on this forum feel, I have laways been a proud moderator for the LBDA forums knowing how very important it is to have a place where people can talk and others understand what you mean. On that note I must say I also think many get into a rut and just let life pass on and I don't think it was meant to do that, perhaps you can put a bit of holiday spirit into your lives and perhaps it will bring Marie a tiny bit of joy too.

Thanks for your kind words, I too never give up for hope either and I think that what keeps me here, for all of you!

Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:44 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]