View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Exelon patch - cause muscle pain? 

Post Exelon patch - cause muscle pain?
Hi all,
My mom has been on the Exelon patch for a little over a year with pretty good success in helping her brain. Lately not as much, but that is a different thread. My question is....has anyone else's LO experienced pain right where the patch is? Yesterday mom was a sneak and removed her patch from her back because it was giving her pain deep in her muscle tissue. It's not from the gummy residue. She said it immediately felt better when she took it off. This has been an issue for months. Have others experienced this?

Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:51 pm

Post Re: Exelon patch - cause muscle pain?
I have not heard of muscle pain, but have heard of skin irritation. Could you mom be confusing the 2, I often look up drugs and side effects on RXDrugs.com, I check very fast and I did find this :

Musculoskeletal and Connective Tissue Disorders: Infrequent: Arthralgia, muscle spasms, myalgia.

Could be more checking is needed !

Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:02 pm
Profile WWW

Many of our LOs have had confused pain signals, experiencing pain where there appears to be no reason for it or not feeling pain when there is obvious reason for a healthy person to feel pain. It may be part of the neurological disorder..... I'd talk with a trusted dr. about this. Lynn

Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:23 pm

Thanks. I will talk to the neurologist again about it. She personally thinks mom is just experiencing muscle tightness from the PD.

Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]