View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 What am I doing Wrong? 

Post Re: What am I doing Wrong?
Oh Heaven, As the others have stated, you haven't done anything wrong to make your hubby feel that way.
It's just a sad part of the disease and unfortunately we too have been there done that to the point of Hubby putting us in financial distress for a while and I jumped through hoop after hoop to get it straightened out. Ultimately I ended up having to get guardianship of him as he would never give me a POA for anything besides medical.

We still struggle with accusations of theft and if you listen to him, the only reason he is with me is because I've convinced the Veterans that he is sick so I could steal his money. It can be maddening at times to have to listen to. I find walking away to another part of the house and melting into an activity, like our wii games, can help release a little pressure so I can go back and continue. Although I have been known to try reason in differing decibel levels at times. Not so much anymore though. Practice makes perfect, right? ;-)

Hang in there, try to remember that those thoughts are his reality, his brain is making him believe those things are true. Look at the color blue, tell yourself what color it is, now have everyone else tell you that it's not blue. You know it is, why can't everyone else realize it and why are they trying to change your mind? it's must feel similar to that and it has to be more frustrating for our loved ones than it is for us. To them, everybody is against them.

Kathy (age 49 married 30 yrs to Hubby age 75, dx DLB in Oct 2007)

Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:56 am
Profile YIM

Post Re: What am I doing Wrong?
I really have nothing to add except that our story is almost identical. Mom is convinced I have stolen all of her money and am selling her things. She says I don't love her anymore and hope she dies. I hear the same scenario every time I visit her at her ALF. The latest is that she refuses to go see any doctor that she has seen in the past. I have no idea how I will get her to the neurologist. The sad thing is that because of Dad's Alzheimer's he parrots everything she says so I get a double dose. She always wants to go home. The new line is that that she wants to come home and "look" at her things. I would never be able to get her back to the facility.

Hugs sent your way!

Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2