View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 "Treasures in the Darkness" -- early stage LBD 

Post Re: "Treasures in the Darkness" -- early stage LBD
Thanks, Pat, for this lovely book! I got a copy for my dad (of course I read it first.) He is 96 and has been struggling as the primary caregiver for my mom, who is 95 and in fairly early stage LBD. He read it over the next several days, and was, for the first time in many months, calmer and more philosophical about the challenges. He commented that it was much easier for him to read because of the short-chapter format (he could pick up and put down easily). And I think he felt less alone, as well as more informed. He finally conceded that the neurologists and I may actually know what we are doing! He has read other things (the Whitworths' book, some LBDA material) but your personal account touched him in a very different way.

Laurel

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:46 pm

Thank you, Ellen and Laurel, for the kind words.

Laurel, when I read what you wrote, I had to cry. What you described as your dad's response is why I wrote the book. Wow. Thanks for letting me know.

Pat

Author of [i]Treasures in the Darkness: Extending Early Stage of LBD...[i][/i] [url]http://www.amazon.com/Treasures-Darkness-Extending-Alzheimers-Parkinsons/dp/1466428228/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334092686&sr=8-1[/url]

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:20 pm

I just wanted to let everyone in the United Kingdom know that my book is now available there through the branch of amazon.co.uk

Here is the link if you live in England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, or Europe:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Treasures-Darkn ... 690&sr=8-1

I hope this will help someone who is in early stage. That is the mission for me.

Take care,
Pat

Author of [i]Treasures in the Darkness: Extending Early Stage of LBD...[i][/i] [url]http://www.amazon.com/Treasures-Darkness-Extending-Alzheimers-Parkinsons/dp/1466428228/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334092686&sr=8-1[/url]

Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3