View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Finding a right neurologist 

Post Finding a right neurologist
Does anyone have information on UTSouthwestern? My husband was diagnosed with LBD recently and is being treated by Dr. Dewey at UTSouthwestern. He also teaches at Parkland Hospital in Dallas which is where my husband and I met him after an emergency trip to the hospital upon arrival at the DAllas airport from Hawaii recently. We switched my husband's care to Dr. Dewey at that time. My husband was given a prediagnosis of Muscular Systems Atrophy just about 2 months before that. Dr. Dewey disagreed with that diagnosis but said he understood the previous neurologist arriving at that diagnosis due to my husband's dizzyness and drop in blood preassure upon standing. This is all very new to us and I would like some reassurance that UTSouthwestern is the place for us and Dr. Dewey the right doctor. Dr. Dewey is taking a slow and steady approach and for that I am very grateful. He has answered our questions and appears to be very knowledgeable with LBD. Thanks

Mon May 21, 2012 8:12 pm

Post Re: Finding a right neurologist
I think you mean "Multiple System Atrophy"?? LBD is basically MSA plus dementia plus psychosis.

From what I've read online, most do not have a high opinion of Dr. Dewey's bedside manner. At UT Southwestern, I'd recommend Dr. Pravin Khemani, in the movement disorders center. In the Alzheimer's center there, I've heard good things about Kyle Womack, MD, and Jeffrey Orstadt, MD.

Mon May 28, 2012 9:27 pm

How do I find these previous posts? I tried to do a search but only found mine.

Tue May 29, 2012 9:30 am

I found discussions about these Dallas MDs on MSA and LBD-related Yahoo!Groups, not here on the LBDA Forum.

Dr. Khemani used to be at Stanford and many people in our local support group saw him and recommended him.

Tue May 29, 2012 9:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]