View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 husband 59 with lbd 

Post Re: husband 59 with lbd
Lyn - what kind of help do you need? From your description it sounds like you need some time away from the house, not just while you are at work, so I'm assuming you'd like for friends or relatives to come in and "visit with" him while you are gone. Have you asked people to do this and they've turned you down? If you haven't specifically asked your close friends and family members, maybe they just don't know what your expectations are? There is a national organization, whose name I've forgotten (maybe Homeport or something like that) which is an all-volunteer organization and they told me they'd have someone come just visit with my dad for a few hours a week, pick up stuff at the grocery store or pharmacy, etc. when he was still living at home. I found them through the local Agency on Aging in the town where my dad lived. Good luck, Lynn

Tue May 22, 2012 8:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2