View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 oops! almost flashed the neighbors!! 

Post oops! almost flashed the neighbors!!
As I've mentioned in other posts, my mom is doing so much better than she was last fall. She has had a fifty pound weight loss in the past 18 months which is fantastic (she was 240lbs). Last Sunday she dressed herself ( appropriately) in a pair of slacks and a shirt. I have been getting the yard in order for the past couple of weeks and she decided to come outside for a walk around the yard. She uses a walker and I was in front of her and my sister behind her, we had just gone through the side gate to go into the back yard and her pants fell down to her ankles!! :lol: Thank God we had gone through the gate and weren't in the front yard.
Since I didn't help her get dressed that day I had no idea that her pants were that huge. We all had a good laugh and I ran in the house and grabbed some safety pins and pinned the pants to her shirt until we could get her safely back in the house. The following day we went through her closet and gave all of her 2x clothing away, she now wears a L/XL for the first time in 40 years. I am just thrilled that she can actually dress herself occasionally. What a difference from last September when weren't sure she would make it til Christmas.
Ellen

Mon May 07, 2012 11:44 am

Post Re: oops! almost flashed the neighbors!!
A few years ago this happened to my husband in the parking lot of a medical office. He was using his walker and they just slipped down to his ankles, his catheter tubing flapping in the breeze. I got them pulled up before anyone noticed [I think!] and later converted him to elastic waist pants [against very strong protest!].

Pat [68] married to Derek [84] for 38 years; husband dx PDD/LBD 2005, probably began 2002 or earlier; late stage and in a SNF as of January 2011. Hospitalized 11/2/2013 and discharged to home Hospice. Passed away at home on 11/9/2013.

Mon May 07, 2012 12:18 pm

Post Re: oops! almost flashed the neighbors!!
What great improvements you are seeing!

Mon May 07, 2012 10:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]