View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Figuring out what next 

Post Re: Figuring out what next
Laurel, I'll bet your right about the scratching problem coming more from the brain. Mom does something similar, picking at spots on her skin that don't feel right - like dry patches. We tried to get her to stop, but now we just try to keep the areas from getting infected. That, and we do what we can to make the dry patches softer with creams. Mom's been treated for skin cancer for years. But we stopped putting her through the sometimes uncomfortable procedures to remove patches when her ability to understand what was happening became unpredictable. Now we, and the staff, just keep an eye out for infection.

I read an old Molly book every now and then, myself. And I have my older sister, a retired journalist, who knew Molly during her days in Minneapolis and has the same view of the world.

Kate

Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:56 am

Laurel,
I know some with FTD itch compulsively. Often the obsessive/compulsive behavior is treated with an antidepressant. As I recall, it's a hard symptom to treat.
Robin

Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:57 pm

Has anyone observed this itching experience of their LO for many years? In reading this discussion I recall my dad being almost obsessed with itching ankles, with no apparent reason, for at least 10 yr. before we knew he had LBD or whatever he had. He went through lots of tubes of cortisone, and I could never see anything like dermatitis, hives, etc. and neither could his dr. Just wondering if this was an early symptom and we were all clueless as to why it was happening. Lynn

Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2