View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Nobody called to wish a Merry Christmas 

Post Re: Nobody called to wish a Merry Christmas
Ellen... yes, thank you. Love the baby's expression...she is analyzing as her great grandma gazes down on her... this is a wonderful moment for both of them.

Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:29 pm

Wonderful Kodak moment. Thanks for sharing.

Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:15 pm

Ellen,
Thanks for sharing the great story and the photo. I'm glad the new mother was amenable!
Robin

Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:42 am

Wow. A great-great grandchild! And so beautiful.

Mom will be 90 this year and her first great grandchildren were born last year. (We're a little slow.) One is local and he is the hit of the nursing home. Whether the residents remember him from time to time is immaterial. He delights them every time.

Whether this seems important to your niece now or not, the photos will be very important in the future - to both her and Aaliyah. I don't remember my great grandmother, but the pictures of me on her lap are something I treasure. Especially as I learn more about her.

That's five generations, right? I hope you got some 5-generation pictures. I know they will be a very special possession for Aaliyah and will help her connect with her generations of mothers.

Kate

Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:45 am

Well, one of the daughters sent a photo montage Christmas card. No note. Poor MIL didn't recognize her grandkids since she hasn't seen them in seven or eight years. Made her upset. I guess the card takes the place of a phone call. Sad.

Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:33 am

Wow. Some people don't score too high on the emotional intelligence scale. How sad!

Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:55 am

At least they sent something. Would you be willing to write a note to your MIL on behalf of those family members? You can also share it with the family members as a suggestion for something that your MIL loved to hear/read.

Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:13 pm

Donna, I guess you just have to try to emotionally shut these people out of your life while trying to take care of your MIL who unfortunately still remembers them (and when they don't call). There must have been family "stuff" going on for a long time for grandchildren not to have seen their GM in 8 years..... I know it's tough, but try not to let it get you down. If there is a next time, maybe you should monitor any mail coming from them if you think it will just upset your MIL. There is no sense in her feeling even worse. A big hug to you AND your MIL! Lynn

Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2