View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 From Louisiana or Tennessee 

Post From Louisiana or Tennessee
I am from New Orleans area, living in Knoxville area now…

I haven't decided exactly where I will end up when I can't drive around anymore, we can talk about that or we talk about Louisiana or Tennessee.

I am trying to remember as much as possible to help make as many more memories for those around me.

Who is from Louisiana?

Craig - Patient - Male - 56 years old - Lewy Bodies diagnosed on March 23, 2011 - cognitive disorder NOS dx 2007 - RBD REM dx 2007 issues for 20+ years - intention tremor 1974 - other issues many years

Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:30 pm

Post Re: From Louisiana or Tennessee
Good that you put this in an off-topic post. We lived in Slidell about 4 years, until the great flood of 95 got us. I see you lived on Bayou Liberty Road--we lived on Bayou Liberty on Bierhorst off of Thompson Road. How stupid were we buying a house on a slab next to a river? Bayou Liberty was, still is, I guess, such a beautiful bayou to boat on.

What luck selling your house right before Katrina. We moved to Covington in 98, renovating and adding to a camp owned by St. Paul's
school on the Little Tchefuncte. Just sold it last month--that and the Montana move are partially Lewy-connected.

We are Charlie and Gail Sheffield, ages 71 and 70. Charlie has just been moved to an amazing assisted living place.

I understand your need for anonymity at this time.

Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:52 pm

Post Re: From Louisiana or Tennessee
Hi Gail,

Actually my camp-house was on hyw 433 but further south….between Hyw 90 and I-10 in what used to be the 'first' slidell exit….now is the second exit….down by the Rigolets….how we miss those crabs year round….

Bayou Liberty is beautiful….looked at rehabbing a house there just before moving to TN…

My children went to Abita Springs schools….

My boat has been parked in the driveway in TN since I got here….a battery is on my list of todo's…

I believe I will lift the veil of secrecy…just not yet

I have never been to MT…but it might happen….I so want to travel again and NOW….I have been on highways on a good number of states…it was a low priority to ride thru all states….I guess it still is…but, it would be fun….if I could do it in 4 hour days….

Craig - Patient - Male - 56 years old - Lewy Bodies diagnosed on March 23, 2011 - cognitive disorder NOS dx 2007 - RBD REM dx 2007 issues for 20+ years - intention tremor 1974 - other issues many years

Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]