View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 questions from a newbi 

Post Re: questions from a newbi
Misty, that reminds me of the scene in "It's a Wonderful Life" where Jimmy Stewart "pastes" the petal back onto his daughter's rose. Sometimes going along with things is simply an act of kindness.

Julianne

Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:37 pm

Misty ,
Great thinking, its just goes to show we have to be creative, for us our issue was ants on the wall every now and then, I filled a water spray bottle and would spray when the issue came up. It worked but redirection really is the key but often doesn't work/. The food issue was a real problem for us too, I wouldn't even get things cleaned up from breakfast and I was being drilled over and over "When was I going to cook Breakfast, one day I was in a Sam's warehouse club and I noticed cases of fruit cups and puddings and they were a life saver for me as everytime he brought up about cooking I would hand him a cup and say to him this will hold you over until I prepare the food, it never did any good to tell him he already ate, even if I showed him the dirty plate, he just wouldn't believe it!

Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:19 pm
Profile WWW

I wanted to thank you all for your replies. I did have a good visit with my dad and he didn't have any hallcinations while i was there.....now 4 months later they are really bad. I feel for you caregivers and spouses and for my mom. She is having someone come in once a week for 3 hours so she can get out of the house. I think she needs more now.

Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:15 am

Yes, it may be time for more help for Mom.

Are the hallucinations being addressed in any way with medications?

Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2